Highlighted

Render not starting in After Effects, crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My AE just got an issue I hadn't before. It is a project involving Video Copilot Orb and some onbord effects of AE.

For a reason I can't find out the project doesn't start rendering. There is no elapsed time or remaining time. It doesn't matter if I choose JPG sequence or DNxHD. AE is still responsive, but I can't stop the render and I have to kill the program through the Task-Manager.

Scrubbing thorugh the timeline, I get an update of the picture. But if I switch to FULL resolution it tries to render for quite a while and I don't get any more updates. There should be enough Memory, there is enough space on the SSD drive, and yes I purged memory and disk.

I'm running on a ASUS ZenBook Duo with an i7-9750H with 16GB memory and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060. Other projects render without any issue.

I've also tried a reinstall.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Render not starting in After Effects, crashing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My AE just got an issue I hadn't before. It is a project involving Video Copilot Orb and some onbord effects of AE.

For a reason I can't find out the project doesn't start rendering. There is no elapsed time or remaining time. It doesn't matter if I choose JPG sequence or DNxHD. AE is still responsive, but I can't stop the render and I have to kill the program through the Task-Manager.

Scrubbing thorugh the timeline, I get an update of the picture. But if I switch to FULL resolution it tries to render for quite a while and I don't get any more updates. There should be enough Memory, there is enough space on the SSD drive, and yes I purged memory and disk.

I'm running on a ASUS ZenBook Duo with an i7-9750H with 16GB memory and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060. Other projects render without any issue.

I've also tried a reinstall.

Any idea how to solve this issue?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi GlobalView,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll be happy to help you out.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Are you able to export the project if you remove the third-party plug-ins? Also, have you tried exporting using Media Encoder?

Please make sure that your GPU driver is updated.

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

I'm on 17.5 Build 40. I've tried to go through Media Encoder, unfortunatly with the same result. Rendering doesn't start, I have a blue/light blue line. I've tried exporting DNxHD, JPG, ProRes. With CUDA and without. I've deinstalled all third party plugins, deinstalled AfterEffects and reinstalled it. I do have the Nvidia 457.09 installed. The weird thing is - this project worked before, but started hanging somewhere after around 60 frames. I've restarted the project from scratch. Nothing is moving though anymore.

I've flushed the cache. A windows reinstall was made 4 days ago. So right now I'm out of ideas.

Chris

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way: I cant't stop the render. If I do that, the Media Encoder (or After Effects) crashes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add another detail: I can export the composition if I reduce the resolution in the export module to a half (which results in HD instead of 4K).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2020 0