• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render results in "The photoshop library operation failed because the selected area is empty"

Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to 17.1.3 this morning. Tried to render the project I've been working on this afternoon and I get this error message "The photoshop library operation failed because the selected area is empty".  Any advice on how to get this project rendered?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tracked the error down to a Median effect on a shape layer that has its size animated from 0 to 2000. If I turn off the Median effect everything is fine. If I change the size key of the shape from 0 to 0.1 everything is fine.  Seems like a math bug in the Median effect not likeing 'Zero' size of an object it's applied to.  Hope this helps anyone else out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Further experimenting shows that this error is repeatable. Here are the conditions:

1. Shape layer, elipse or rectangle.
  2. Shape layer must be 3D in Classic 3D comp.
  3. Shape layer size is animated from anything to zero in both axis.
  4. Place another object in the timeline so you can see the effects of the error (this object will be invisible once the size of the shape layer hits 0).
  5. Preview the animation, plays fine as expected.
  6. Add Median effect to the shape layer.  Set Median level to anything but 0.
  7. Preview the animation, screen goes black once the shape size hits 0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines