Highlighted

Render separately or put multiple compostion nesting in AE?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

what do you prefer: render separately different parts and put it in a main composition or put multiple composting nesting in a main comp? How does the rendertime works with this workflow? Does it speed up the rendertime, if you nest a comp in a comp, or does it just the whole rendertime in the end? prores files are very big if you have a lot, but i have some concerns, if i nest a lot of comps in a big comp, that i have to wait for days in the end (or even crash the machine because the process is to complex)? Also what about the link from AE to Premier, do you use it or do you render the parts as prores files?

TOPICS
Dynamic link, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Render separately or put multiple compostion nesting in AE?

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi community,

what do you prefer: render separately different parts and put it in a main composition or put multiple composting nesting in a main comp? How does the rendertime works with this workflow? Does it speed up the rendertime, if you nest a comp in a comp, or does it just the whole rendertime in the end? prores files are very big if you have a lot, but i have some concerns, if i nest a lot of comps in a big comp, that i have to wait for days in the end (or even crash the machine because the process is to complex)? Also what about the link from AE to Premier, do you use it or do you render the parts as prores files?

TOPICS
Dynamic link, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Guide ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Dynamic Link from AE to PR.

It's a good idea, but AEs rendering engine is a bottleneck which will slow down the whole PR project. Don't use it. Just output your AE stuff as image sequence or ProRes, or DNxHD/HR or whatever you prefer.

About the pre-comps: I always nest, even up to high hierachry levels. And I'm almost always have continous rasterization activated, because I'm working with vector files, and CR always looks more crisp, even when not scaling.

I think it's easier for AE to handle a lot of precomps, even nested, than a comp with hundreds or layers and keyframes. It's also easier for you.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The longer and more complicated your comp the more likely you are to have problems. If your comps will run a full resolution preview at the rate of  2 or 3 frames per second you are probably OK sequencing a bunch of comps in one master comp for rendering, but editing and timing a long comp for pacing is incredibly inefficient. If your render time starts approaching a minute or more a frame I would use the Render Cue to produce a visually lossless production master and edit the final project in Premiere Pro. When my render time starts pushing 6 to 7 minutes a frame I redesign, and with that kind of render times, I don't do any full resolution, full effects previews.

Do not send comps to the Adobe Media Encoder to render h.264 MP4 files that you plan on editing in Premiere. All compressed video has artifacts, h.264 is a delivery format that does not hole up well if you re-compress it. Until you have an expert understanding of video standards, compression and formats, just use the Render Cue's default Lossless preset to render your DI files (Digital Intermediate). If you need transparency, use the Lossless with Alpha preset in the Output Module.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0