• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render settings from Cinema 4d Lite does not appear in After Effects? Intentional?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!
I'm just starting out with Cinema 4d lite (I have some experience with After Effects), and there's something that is really puzzling me. In Cinema 4d Lite, there are "render settings". When I fiddle with these, it seems like these would be for rendering in AE (since you can't export directly from C4D Lite). However, when I try changing my rendering settings with the 'cel rendering' effect, this does not show up in AE. 

Am I misunderstanding something? Do 'render settings' in C4D lite not affect AE at all? What's the relationship?

I've added an image of what I'm trying to do in C4D, which is not appearing in AE.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are completely independent and AE has no way of accessing these extended post-render/ multipass options, anyway. It only provides access to some global options of the main renderer. The render preset itself should appear as a separate entry in the list, though, if you actually care to create a new "Render Setting" in the C4D panel.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Mylenium ! It looks like I was able to bring in the render settings I wanted by creating a new render setting.

Screen Shot 2020-11-27 at 12.33.12 PM.png

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind why a new render setting would port over my rendering choices, but the "default" render setting would not... but that doesn't really matter as long as I'm able to export the video I want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's an age-old limitation ibn how the C4D Standard renderer works. Only creating presets will actualyl store some settings. No point to waste a second thought on it. Just accept it as it as as long as it works. 😉

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines