Highlighted

Render stuck

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all -

I'm working on fairly big project (compared to the usual anyway), which turns out to be a series of 15~ mins long interviews composed of few animated slides with blur effects and few expressions and for the most part a Zoom footage.

When I try to add it Media Encoder, it won't even show up in the queue and the few times it does, it will get stuck at some point. 

I should also mention that AE has crashed quite few times while working on the project. I have tried to render another interview (the only difference is the zoom footage) on coworker's machine and get the same results (render gets stuck, doesn't load on Media Encoder, etc.).

If I hide all the graphics that I made in AE and render only the cut-out footage, it will render with no problems. If I hide all the footage and render all the graphics that I made in AE, it will render smoothly as well. 

I tried to take the footage and use media encoder to export it as an Apple Pro Res and Quicktime, to then replace footage in AE, but the result doesn't change. 

Do you have any advice?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Render stuck

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all -

I'm working on fairly big project (compared to the usual anyway), which turns out to be a series of 15~ mins long interviews composed of few animated slides with blur effects and few expressions and for the most part a Zoom footage.

When I try to add it Media Encoder, it won't even show up in the queue and the few times it does, it will get stuck at some point. 

I should also mention that AE has crashed quite few times while working on the project. I have tried to render another interview (the only difference is the zoom footage) on coworker's machine and get the same results (render gets stuck, doesn't load on Media Encoder, etc.).

If I hide all the graphics that I made in AE and render only the cut-out footage, it will render with no problems. If I hide all the footage and render all the graphics that I made in AE, it will render smoothly as well. 

I tried to take the footage and use media encoder to export it as an Apple Pro Res and Quicktime, to then replace footage in AE, but the result doesn't change. 

Do you have any advice?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 13, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to say. You have written a long post with almost zero info. You need to give us actual system info, render settings, comp settings, details about the comps, footage and effects used, screenshots and so on. Also start by actually reviewing the render logs. If it stops or crashes at a specific point, the last processed frame and timecode would be in there, which could offer some clues.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have projects that are about 15 minutes, mostly interviews, a few animated slides, and graphics then the proper workflow is to create MOGRT's for the animated graphics, make a comp for each animated graphic, render the graphic animations, then edit the project in Premiere Pro. Trying to do the whole thing in After Effects is going to take longer, be more subject to problems, especially with screen capture video or Zoom recordings, and be much more difficult to edit. 

AE is not a video editing app. You are using a screwdriver to drive nails. It's the wrong tool for the job.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0