Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render with alpha channel for colour correction

Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I am working on a film where I have keyed out the green screen window background an repleced it with a movie clip. Now the colorist wants me to render it in alpha channels so that he can correct the background and the foreground in different layers. How do I do that without rendering it twice - once with the foreground film with alpha channel so that it becomes transparent and once with the background film only, so that he can put them together?

I have already an alpha channel in the comp for keeping the reflexions in the window. C0013.MP4 is the background footage. Hope you understand, though my explanation (and English) is poor.

All the best,

Ã…sa

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can give the background film to the colorist, if you didn't do any alternations on it and only have to render the forground film with alpha.

Otherwise, you need to render twice in order to get two video files with different content.

You can (temporary) duplicate the main comp, and switch off the layers accordingly (comp1: only foreground visible, comp2: only background visible) - then you can add both comps to the render queue and render them in one sitting.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martin!

This is what I did - rendered in them twice and got two comps to the colorist. I was wondering if it is possible to get only one file which he can work with? Thank you for your respons!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct way to pipeline through a third-party colorist is to export a wide gamut master, usually an EXR frame sequence. EXRs can include unpremultiplied alpha channels and multiple layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dave!

Thank you!

Is this something I do when rendering, the wide gamut master? Or do I have to prepare the comp in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines