Highlighted

Rendering — Current Frame Number of the PNG

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to ask for advice regarding to a strange behaviour of the Ae-render module. All the time until now when I rendered PNG sequences, the name of the PNG files contained the current frame number. The 0000 frame was the very first one of the composition. Now, when I render it the 0000 frame is the first frame of the work area and not the composition.

So when I render the 10 frames from the middle of the 1000-framed-comp the naming of the PNG renders starts "0000" but usualy, when I rendered from the middle it should start with "0500".

It is bad because I need to rerender a few frames here and there (mistakes which I corrected), but each batch starts with "0000" now and I don't know why.

This is the template name I am currently using: "[compName]_[#####].[fileextension]"
"[#####]" stands for Current Frame Number.

So my question is: How to get back the appropriate comp-frame-numbering and get rid of Work area numbering which is killing me?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rendering — Current Frame Number of the PNG

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I would like to ask for advice regarding to a strange behaviour of the Ae-render module. All the time until now when I rendered PNG sequences, the name of the PNG files contained the current frame number. The 0000 frame was the very first one of the composition. Now, when I render it the 0000 frame is the first frame of the work area and not the composition.

So when I render the 10 frames from the middle of the 1000-framed-comp the naming of the PNG renders starts "0000" but usualy, when I rendered from the middle it should start with "0500".

It is bad because I need to rerender a few frames here and there (mistakes which I corrected), but each batch starts with "0000" now and I don't know why.

This is the template name I am currently using: "[compName]_[#####].[fileextension]"
"[#####]" stands for Current Frame Number.

So my question is: How to get back the appropriate comp-frame-numbering and get rid of Work area numbering which is killing me?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 05, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could turn off work area usage in the render settings and use the manual start and end times?

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Output Module section of the Render Queue includes a dropdown menu named "Output To" – see image below.

You will get what you want if you select the "Comp and Frame Range" option. If you select the Custom Option, you may use its Add Property option to add more related properties to your output file naming convention. Ensure you save the preset so that you can easily select it for future use. HTH

Roland_Kahlenberg_0-1601953006920.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
OussK LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Mylenium say, you can do this from render settings, check below how

change time.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0