Highlighted

Rendering Custom Resolution

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Is it possible to render with a resolution of 13824 x 6912? Did some short animation for a wedding and that's the size of the LED screen there. Was hopping that I can get it as close to the size as possible to maintain the quality.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rendering Custom Resolution

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, Is it possible to render with a resolution of 13824 x 6912? Did some short animation for a wedding and that's the size of the LED screen there. Was hopping that I can get it as close to the size as possible to maintain the quality.

TOPICS
How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 28, 2020 0
Guide ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create a composition in that size, but finding a video codec support this huge framesize would be more difficult. Even H265 "only" supports up to 8k.

Are you sure about the panel size, or input video resolution? What media is supposed to play there?I think you need some more details about the tech specs of the player.

*Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's most likely completely irrelevant. I imagine at best this screen will play 4k and upscale it. It's that old thing of viewing distance vs. pixel size. You need to inquire what they actually can play back, not create some extreme res video that may be of no use to anyone. Outside ILN's virtual cave technology used on "The Mandalorian", which runs on its own little server farm with beefy GPUs I know no way of even displaying such a resolution natively. Even 8k TVs and games are not using this. So by all means, be smart and ask around what is actually used.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 28, 2020 0