Highlighted

Rendering Failed in After Effects 17.1.1 on Windows.

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. 

I am having trouble rendering a AE project for a client. I am on AE 17.1.1 and the video keeps failling around the 8 sec mark of a 30 sec clip. 

I have tried both rendering in AE and AME. I get the same results eachtime. 

I have cleared the cache and the database and restarted the computer.

When rendering within AE I am using the following:

1920x1080

Best Settings
Lossless
.AVI
I have tried rendering to an interenal and external drive each with 90GB+ of storage. The external has 770GB free. 

I'm on a PC

i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
16gb of RAM

GeForce GTX 760

Any guidance would be apperciated. 

Thank you!

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rendering Failed in After Effects 17.1.1 on Windows.

New Here ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. 

I am having trouble rendering a AE project for a client. I am on AE 17.1.1 and the video keeps failling around the 8 sec mark of a 30 sec clip. 

I have tried both rendering in AE and AME. I get the same results eachtime. 

I have cleared the cache and the database and restarted the computer.

When rendering within AE I am using the following:

1920x1080

Best Settings
Lossless
.AVI
I have tried rendering to an interenal and external drive each with 90GB+ of storage. The external has 770GB free. 

I'm on a PC

i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
16gb of RAM

GeForce GTX 760

Any guidance would be apperciated. 

Thank you!

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 16, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, if it always fails at a specific time, then the all too clear answer must be that at this point an effect or footage kicks in. Either the source footage is damaged or the effect uses specific stuff that conflicts with the render pipeline. Check these things. Similarly, of course caches could fill up or any such thing, but that's something only the render logs and observing your task manager/ resource monitor can tell you.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 16, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sirkoch,

Sorry for your issue.

Did you try Mylenium's suggestion? Did it help? If not, do you see any error message? Check if it's happening with multiple projects. Also, you can try changing the renderer to Software Only and try to export.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
sirkoch LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Thanks for the advice. 

I agree. It seems to be something with the template I am using - I was able to export a much longer after effect project to the same location without a hiccup. 

I am wondering - could someone try rendering this project for me? Just to see if they are getting the same issue? If so than it has to be an effect that was used within the template. 

I left a link below to download the file, with no images or outside effect. Just the template. If anyone could try this I'll buy them a cup of coffee :hot_beverage:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EDpTdWOvC1t_HUUdYJOydewk32Vm7iEQ?usp=sharing

All the best,
Doug

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0