Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rendering is not using my system to its full potential

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a relatively simiple after effects project that is doing the RAM previews pretty quickly but the real rendering is extraordinarily slow. I have 20 cores and 64 gigs of RAM and an Nvidia RTX 4000...Media Encoder or After Effects, they both act the same when I check the performance of the system I see the system is used only at 30%...RAM, CPU, and GPU...any reasons? Is anything I can do to improve the render time by making the after effects to use more of the powers of the machine?

Thank you..

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to utilize more cores and more of your system's power you have to use a background rendering option. I have several but I prefer and use Render Garden for all comps that take longer than about a second a frame to render. That means most of my work is rendered using Render Garden. The big advantage: You can continue to use AE while rendering with an imperceptible reduction in performance. Except for the faster running cooling fan, you would never know you were rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I actually installed Render Garden and followed their tutorials on how to install and setup it.

I am using only one machine, all is local...and I am getting this 

aerender ERROR An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
: Unable to receive at line 430
aerender ERROR: After Effects can not render for aerender. Another instance of aerender, or another script, may be running; or, AE may be waiting for response from a modal dialog, or for a render to complete. Try running aerender without the -reuse flag to invoke a separate instance of After Effects

Error code returned: 1

RENDER FAILED

Could you please help with a piece of advice? The CPU is loaded 100% and keeps 'rendering' this error messages constantly in a loop...

Thank you..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The support on render garden is very good so try to contact him and ask for a solution, also another option you can try this powerful script https://aescripts.com/bg-renderer/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines