Highlighted

Rendering

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So I am currently working on a portfolio to demonstrate my skills and hopefully get a creative job. I have created a video I have 4 planned in total, the first one is done. I am attempting to Render it. I left my computer on all night and day and it said it would be +2000 hours remaining! 

Is anybody on here able to assist in rendering the AE file I have or point me in the right direction to get help? 

Its 33 min long, and I would like it 1080 and the audio lossless. I was researching and I have 16gb ram and it appears I would need 32 or 64 and I'm using a Macbook from 2010! 

Is anybody on here able to assist as I mentioned or know of anybody that has a desktop machine that could help me with the render, I just want to export what I have been working on since March. And I have started the next video as it's all part of a collection of 4. 

I was DJing and a Music Producer before the covid era and this work is a portfolio of audio I have remixed and video I have created. As I would like one day to get a job and hopefully in the music industry or some Graphic aspect. I dont have no qualifications in this field but its something that I genuinely love and that's why it means a lot to me to get this exported. Just to show what I can do. 

d[-_-]b 

TOPICS
Import and export, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rendering

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

So I am currently working on a portfolio to demonstrate my skills and hopefully get a creative job. I have created a video I have 4 planned in total, the first one is done. I am attempting to Render it. I left my computer on all night and day and it said it would be +2000 hours remaining! 

Is anybody on here able to assist in rendering the AE file I have or point me in the right direction to get help? 

Its 33 min long, and I would like it 1080 and the audio lossless. I was researching and I have 16gb ram and it appears I would need 32 or 64 and I'm using a Macbook from 2010! 

Is anybody on here able to assist as I mentioned or know of anybody that has a desktop machine that could help me with the render, I just want to export what I have been working on since March. And I have started the next video as it's all part of a collection of 4. 

I was DJing and a Music Producer before the covid era and this work is a portfolio of audio I have remixed and video I have created. As I would like one day to get a job and hopefully in the music industry or some Graphic aspect. I dont have no qualifications in this field but its something that I genuinely love and that's why it means a lot to me to get this exported. Just to show what I can do. 

d[-_-]b 

TOPICS
Import and export, Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in the motion picture business full time since September 3, 1970. I've hired a lot of people and shown my reel to even more. Nobody that is going to hire you and pay you a reasonable wage is going to sit through a 33-minute reel. If you have not hooked them in the first 10 seconds, you probably won't get the job. If you hooked them in the first 5 seconds and they watch a minute of your reel, you stand a good chance of getting an interview.  

I would suggest reels with different themes, none of them longer than about 1 or 2 minutes. Put together a VFX reel, a motion graphics reel, and maybe an Animation reel. Concentrate on the field you want to work on the most and get that one out there.

It sounds like you are editing in After Effects. That's incredibly inefficient, incredibly amateur, and nearly impossible to do. AE is for creating motion graphics and visual effects that cannot be edited in an NLE. My average comp is one shot and less than 7 seconds. Occasionally I'll put two or three shots in a single comp, but only if I am creating a transition that cannot be created in any other way. For an explainer video or a dynamic text animation (lyric video) a comp will be no longer than a phrase or a sentence. The final product is always edited in Premiere Pro (or another NLE) so I can get the timing, audio, sound effects, and story just the way it needs to be.

A reel with a bunch of transitions is also not good. Watch a feature film. Watch a really good national commercial. Watch a top-rated TV show and count the transitions. You might see an occasional dissolve or a wipe, but effective storytelling doesn't use transitions. Almost all feature films have no transitions in them at all, unless you count an occasional fade to black or the opening credits.

It does not hurt to have a couple of completed projects that are long form just in case somebody wants to see a completed project, but anyone that is considering hiring a cinematographer, director, produer, motion graphics artist, or animator will make the decision to contact you about a possible job based on the first 10 or 20 seconds of the work you submit. That's just the way it works.

The reason that your comps are going to take 2000 hours to render is that you are not using AE as it was designed to be used. Break up your comp into sections that are amazing and don't have any cuts, get rid of most of the transitions, then render a dozen or so of your best motion graphics, animations, or VFX shots, then edit them in Premiere Pro so the reel is about 2 or 3 minutes long and start getting that out there. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the valuable feedback, some very good points. 

I created a portfolio that combined the aspects of the DJing and Music Production aspects in an environment that was demonstrating in a mesmerising fashion that of key and harmony and audiovisual.  It was in the format of DJ set that captured the attention within 30 secs and throughout.  I anticipated the desired audience wouldn't sit through 33 mins of such and as it's not exclusive to the Audience of the ones making the decisions it is to the wider public to those musically educated to that of the normal music lover, the one to make the choices can feel free fo scan through and see the effects in action. I have other projects that are in line with what you stated this project I just needed advice on rendering not structure as it was an expanded version of the shorter layout, but I value your points. 

I found a service to render with top end equipment but yes it is a monster on duration in rendering terms.

d[-_-]b

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Rick said. Nobody - and I really mean nobody who has a say in these matters - is going to watch a 33 minute video and the odds of anyone watching four such monstrosities are as infinitessimal as unriddling the mysteries of quantum physics or black holes in the next three days. You know, your "reels" being that long and unfocused are already a statement in itself - if you can't communicate your intentions, skills and capabilities in under three minutes then you're the wrong guy for the job, no matter what. And forget about things like "lossless audio" and pristine quality. Nobody cares! All potential employers want is quick, uncomplicated access to your clips on YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram or similar and then they play it through their skinny laptop's internal speaker. You need to get real about these matters, as much as an emphasis on audio quality may be part of what you did in the past. If they got hooked they will request additional samples, allow you to create a special piece or have you do a testdrive at their facility. If not, then all you have done is wasted a ton of time and resources for nothing. You may be able to do this once now under lockdown conditions, but nobody in their right mind would sit down and create a 33 minute reel otherwise. It's all just chop-chop-chop with a few pieces of your best most recent work and that's all that is required and the only thing that makes sense when you need to send out the link to hundreds of people.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 1
DJHB LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback,  as stated above it's not an horrific train wreck it's an animation that is seamless throughout. 

In regards to audio I completely understand, from that of mono tin sound to stereo, its just a personal preference where frequency wouldn't be chopped in audio I have arranged mixed and mastered to perfect RMS and LUFS and True Peak points for the desired output channel from AIFF quality files. 

Again I was seeking advice on rendering, to which I have found a solution. 

d[-_-]b

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0