Highlighted

Rending A Preview In and Out in After Effects 2020

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to see my video preview for my video but it's not allowing me to playback due to it not being rendered. They don't have a sequence bar at the top anymore and I don't know how to render it "in and out" so that I can view it in my workspace before the final render. PLEASE HELP ME 

I also attaches video

image.jpg

Topics

Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rending A Preview In and Out in After Effects 2020

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to see my video preview for my video but it's not allowing me to playback due to it not being rendered. They don't have a sequence bar at the top anymore and I don't know how to render it "in and out" so that I can view it in my workspace before the final render. PLEASE HELP ME 

I also attaches video

image.jpg

Topics

Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The length of your preview depends on comp size, frame rate, comp resolution (should always be set to Auto), and Magnification Ratio - which sets the comp resolution. After Effects never had a sequence bar at the top. The Footage Panel and the Layer Panel have time bars at the bottom, but the Comp panel never has had one. The timeline has a time bar. 

The comp you have selected in the Project Panel looks like it is the top layer in your main comp but it has some problems. Video cannot be an odd number of pixels high or wide, because it won't compress properly and you either get a blurred render or there will be a black line on the edge. That comp doesn't match any video standard. The other problem, it is nearly 25 minutes long. AE will never preview anything that is 25 minutes long. Twenty seconds, maybe. One minute if you have a really decent system, but that' about it. AE is not an editing app, it is a visual effects, motion graphics, and compositing app that is designed and well suited only to creating shots and short sequences that cannot be done in a Non-Linear Editor. 

Your video is so soft and so unsteady I have no idea what is going on in the main comp. The only thing I'm pretty sure of is that there are no effects applied to the 3 layers that are in the comp and the Ram Preview can put enough frames in the cue to give you a preview that runs about 4 hash marks in the timeline. That's probably pretty good. 

I don't see anything in your comp that couldn't be done more efficiently in Premiere Pro. You can set up a vertical sequence (should use a video standard) then drop two video clips in the sequence and set the size and position, then be done with it.

Please let us know what is going on in the comp, how long it is, and what you expect from AE. If you need a 25-minute preview of the comp you'll never get it from After Effects because it was never designed to do that. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines