Highlighted

Retime to different music clips with same main 4 bars, but different bpm, intro / outro times

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template for a 15 second or so video meme that I would like to swap out different music for regularly, and retime the entire animation to it as quickly as possible.

I see in general how to stretch / compress animation, but I have a few considerations I've yet to work out:

1)  Much of the animation is nested (within various precomps), so I can't lassoo it all at once.

2)  While each incarnation will have a main 4 bar section, the bpm will vary, and the intro / outro times will vary by a few beats, so what I'd really like to do is set markers for the beginning and end points of the 4 bar section, then when I import new music, mark the corresponding main section start and end points, then take ALL of the existing animation, and stretch / compress it such that those two points are now locked to the corresponding 2 points in the new music... which should then automatically mean that even the keyframes before and after the two main points are now adjusted to the new bpm.

If I just grab the whole thing and compress/stretch it, those two points will move, and it becomes a constant guessing game about microshifting to try to get them to line up, so is there some way to time-stretch the entire comp and all nested precomps similar to what I'm describing?  (Or any other method that achieves a similar end?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Retime to different music clips with same main 4 bars, but different bpm, intro / outro times

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a template for a 15 second or so video meme that I would like to swap out different music for regularly, and retime the entire animation to it as quickly as possible.

I see in general how to stretch / compress animation, but I have a few considerations I've yet to work out:

1)  Much of the animation is nested (within various precomps), so I can't lassoo it all at once.

2)  While each incarnation will have a main 4 bar section, the bpm will vary, and the intro / outro times will vary by a few beats, so what I'd really like to do is set markers for the beginning and end points of the 4 bar section, then when I import new music, mark the corresponding main section start and end points, then take ALL of the existing animation, and stretch / compress it such that those two points are now locked to the corresponding 2 points in the new music... which should then automatically mean that even the keyframes before and after the two main points are now adjusted to the new bpm.

If I just grab the whole thing and compress/stretch it, those two points will move, and it becomes a constant guessing game about microshifting to try to get them to line up, so is there some way to time-stretch the entire comp and all nested precomps similar to what I'm describing?  (Or any other method that achieves a similar end?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 26, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pre-compose, apply time-remapping. Done. Split the layer where necessary to avoid messing things up with too many keyframes.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 26, 2020 0