• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Roto Brush sticks on

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My roto brush sticks on.  When using it will work as expected and then get stuck on as if I am clicking and holding even though I am not.  So as I move the brush around it is continually painting.  When I then click, it acts as if I have now released the click, applies the selection and then goes back to the click on state.   The only way I have found to get out of this stuck on state is to move the cursor up to the menu bar select the pointer tool, painting all along the way.  

I have this problem with the Mac Trackpad, a Wacom tablet and another mouse/ keyboard combo.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2017 Apr 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have not provided any exact system info or told us what version of AE you are referring to, so this is not of use to anyone. you have to be much more specific.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi pdwadobescreenmame,

Are you still struggling with Roto Brush? Please let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

I have moved on from that project and haven't been doing much with brush toolw recently.  So I opened that project to see what would happen and yes not a minute into using the roto brush it stuck on, as if the click to paint and release to stop painting were reversed.

It may have something to do with this particular project file.  I was trying to recreate the problem in a new project and could not get it to happen.

But in this original “problem” project it happens. 

The project is a simple 20 second 1920x1080 23.976 composition with two layers of 1920x1080 23.976 ProResHQ video.

I'm using

AE 14.2.0.198

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)

4 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M395x 4096 MB

Wacom 851 tablet, or the Apple touch pad, or a standard USB mouse

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting the same problem. it is something like when i get carried away and accidentally double or triple click it. It sticks on as if i have the mouse button stuck on, and i cannot get it to stop painting.

I am using a  27 inch imac (late 2015) running OSX 10.13.4 and 2018 CC After effects latest update Jun 17 2018 ( would find out the version, but everytime i go to the program it just rotobrush paints everything 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects 15.1.1. build 12

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, i think i worked out how to replicate the error. During the screen refresh, to render the last bit of rotobrush painting, if i click too early while it is busy rendering. it sticks with the button on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this response is the solution!

Every time you paint a stroke after effects saves that stroke information.  It stores quite a bit of data along with it, and you can modify each stroke you make indefinitely.  The more strokes you make, the heavier the file gets.  Yes its a bug, but the work around is to just not be trigger happy with your mouse and keep strokes to a minimum.

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am struggling on the Roto brush tool every time I try to Roto brush it automatically switches over to the paint tool it don't matter what I do it keeps trying to paint so I try using the paint tool on the single frame mode and it's not letting me do that it's just regular paint like it is stuck on continuous but when I Roto brush it switches to the paint tool and starts taking away images from the video not even trying to Roto anyting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same annoying error here on 2k, 4k, all formats, even stills. Happens very frequently when using rotobrush.
Using i7-6700k 64GB RAM GTX980, Osx 10.12, wacom intuos, cc2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines