Highlighted

Roto Brush Tool - Brush Size & View point acting wired

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello beautiful people!

Unfortunately I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here and I would like some help from experts !

I am using After Effects CC 14.1 and when I want to resize Roto Brush tool

(by clicking CMD + dragging my trackpad) it's not doing so.... instead it's just zooming in composition how do you change Roto Brush Tool size in After Effects for Mac ?

P.s when I zoom in.... I find myself using Hand tool a lot.... but when I switch to the hand tool I can only see selected aria from Roto Brush (everything else would be painted in color) but I want to stay in the same view mode as I am when I am using Roto Brush.... is it possible to arrange?

sincerely yours,

inari

The article which mentions the shortcut is this one:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/roto-brush-refine-matte.html#roto_brush_strokes_spans_and_base_frames

And to your credit, it is worded wrongly.  The correct shortcut is Cmd/Ctrl + left click and drag.

If that still doesn't work for you, you can open up the Brushes panel and change the brush size over there.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Roto Brush Tool - Brush Size & View point acting wired

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello beautiful people!

Unfortunately I can't figure out what I am doing wrong here and I would like some help from experts !

I am using After Effects CC 14.1 and when I want to resize Roto Brush tool

(by clicking CMD + dragging my trackpad) it's not doing so.... instead it's just zooming in composition how do you change Roto Brush Tool size in After Effects for Mac ?

P.s when I zoom in.... I find myself using Hand tool a lot.... but when I switch to the hand tool I can only see selected aria from Roto Brush (everything else would be painted in color) but I want to stay in the same view mode as I am when I am using Roto Brush.... is it possible to arrange?

sincerely yours,

inari

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/roto-brush-refine-matte.html#roto_brush_strokes_spans_and_base_frames

And to your credit, it is worded wrongly.  The correct shortcut is Cmd/Ctrl + left click and drag.

If that still doesn't work for you, you can open up the Brushes panel and change the brush size over there.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 08, 2017 0
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't sound like you've done any of the Adobe-recommended Rotobrush tutorials, which you can find using AE Help.

You really need to do them.  Rotobrush isn't the least bit intuitive, there's too much to explain about it in a web post, and we don't understand what you're writing -- you're not using the arcane terminology unique to AE, which is a giveaway clue of a newbie who's trying to take shortcuts to AE success.

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way.  You have to pay your dues before you get to the fun stuff.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave for spending your time to feed your needs of showing how superior you are on the subject but my question(s) are pretty simple to understand if you know basic English.

How to change the brush size for MAC? (when it's clearly not working the right way described in the official adobe page) - After Effects Roto Brush, Refine Edge, and Refine Matte

Why when switching to Hand Tool view mode also changes and how to avoid it.

sincerely yours,

inari

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 08, 2017 5
Enthusiast ,
Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/roto-brush-refine-matte.html#roto_brush_strokes_spans_an...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 09, 2017 4
New Here ,
May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you ever surprised from that guy? He always is an ass on these things.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL LOL Mr. Brain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Why reply at all if you are going to be comletely useless? This community should help each other. Maybe you need to remember that.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL! that guy contributed nothing to the post. Anyways I know how to read in english and know exactly what you are asking. Its select the roto brush then hold ctrl and hold a click in the area then if you move up on the mouse rotobrush gets larger, if you move down on the mouse roto brush gets larger.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2017 5
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Rudeness removed by moderator - basic gist was that they didn't approve of Dave's post]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2018 0