Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rotobrush render problem

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I rotobrushed out a person in a short clip, added some layers and it looked perfectly normal when played in AE. However, after rendering, some parts that should be unmasked were transiently hidden in an almost spooky fashion, while the rest looks normal. I checked the rotobrush outline and it looks perfectly fine. I repeated the process several times and even isolated the rotobrushed layer, but the problem still persists. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi torbjorn_h,

Sorry for your issue.

Could you share more information on your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS) and details on your project? Also, screenshots showing the issue would be helpful. You can try exporting your project with the Software Only renderer.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Thanks for your response. I'm running AE on an iMac Pro (2017), OS Catalina, CPU 3,2 GHz 8-Core Intel Xenon W, 64 GB RAM 2666 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro Vega 64X 16 GB graphics card.

I followed yor advice and renderd within AE, and it looks OK, problem is when i render using Media encoder. I attach two images

so you can compare, look at the arm, it suddenly disappears, and it is the exact same project, just rendered in two ways.

Best regards

Torbjorn

Skärmavbild 2020-08-29 kl. 15.15.23.pngSkärmavbild 2020-08-29 kl. 15.15.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay, Torbjorn. Thanks for the details and screenshots.

Have you tried exporting in a different format? What's the exact version of After Effects and Media Encoder you're using? Also, what happens when you change the Media Encoder renderer to Software Only and export?

Let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

AE version is 17.1.3 build 41. I'm not sure what you mean with software only, the screenshots provided appear to refer to an older version of AE. Anyway, I tried it and the same issue appears.

Best regards

Torbjorn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines