• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush used two or more times in time on one clip.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello every one,

I hope you are doing well. 

Is it possible to use the Roto brush two or more times on one clip at different moments in time?

The clip is 2 minutes long. I only need to use roto brush at the beginning and end.

Any corrections at the moment take a tremendous amount of time for the entire clip to process.

If this is not possible, can I limi

t the rendering to only a specific part of the clip?

What are those two blue dots on the pic?

2020-10-08_LI.jpg

Best regards.

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. If possible, split the clip up externally by e.g. creating new master clips in Premiere and only import the regions you actually need to work with. That said, of course the other obvious answer could be to simply not use the Rotobrush and rely on otehr techniques instead. Who knows, your clip may be simply enough to use a traditional mask? Impossible to tell without seeing it, though.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Mylenium.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about this solution?
I needed to use the roto brush tool in three places.
I copied the layer twice in AE (crtl+D) and shortened the clips to the required length in the timeline. Is this solution good? Please take a look at the screenshot.AE prt.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trimming layers in AE does not actually trim the layer's source footage item. You may be able to work on those segments, but latest when you need to freeze the Rotobrush for final rendering, you still will have to endure the long propagation calculations even for the invisible areas. If you don't mind, then that's of course workable, but otherwise I would realy seriously chop up the footage in another program and export the short segemnts for use in AE.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Very helpful tip! Thanx a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines