Highlighted

Rotoscope 2.0 Beta

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else confused by this, from Adobe's instructions:  "After freezing, you can still make adjustments to the matte itself in the Roto Brush effect without re-propagating. If you need to add or remove from a selection after freezing, you can unfreeze the propagation with the same button."   My confusion is this:  What adjustments can you make to the matte without unfreezing?  Actually, the whole propagation and freeze thing is confusing.  When I freeze, it starts to propagate (or possibly render, or save or ?? and it takes ages.  Then unfreezing takes ages.  Then clicking anywhere begins propagation again, taking ages. 

Also, clicking between the layer and the composition, means waiting for more propagation every time, no matter how often propagation has occurred.  3 days later on a 7 second, admittedly complex, clip and counting.......  I suspect I'm having UWD, Unusual Workflow Disorder. 🙂

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rotoscope 2.0 Beta

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else confused by this, from Adobe's instructions:  "After freezing, you can still make adjustments to the matte itself in the Roto Brush effect without re-propagating. If you need to add or remove from a selection after freezing, you can unfreeze the propagation with the same button."   My confusion is this:  What adjustments can you make to the matte without unfreezing?  Actually, the whole propagation and freeze thing is confusing.  When I freeze, it starts to propagate (or possibly render, or save or ?? and it takes ages.  Then unfreezing takes ages.  Then clicking anywhere begins propagation again, taking ages. 

Also, clicking between the layer and the composition, means waiting for more propagation every time, no matter how often propagation has occurred.  3 days later on a 7 second, admittedly complex, clip and counting.......  I suspect I'm having UWD, Unusual Workflow Disorder. 🙂

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi so_hyung321

"What adjustments can you make to the matte without unfreezing?"

Since Ae is going to cache that info, not much.

Here's a resource from Adobe that walks through it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/roto-brush-refine-matte.html#freezing_caching_locking_an...

On the perfromance issues your battling with,  this may prove useful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html

hth

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and valuable link resources. Very helpful!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 07, 2020 0
@mj LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear so_hyung321,

If these suggestions resolve your problem, please mark it as the correct answer so other users who have the same or similar problem can get value too.

Shout out if you need further assistance

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0