Highlighted

Rubber Hose issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just purchased the Rubber Hose plug-in to improve my animations and it doesn't seem to be working. Here is what is happening:

I use the mask tool to make the shapes I want out of jpeg texture. I line up the joint in the center crosshairs. I select the upper leg then the lower leg (separate jpegs layers) and then press the Rubber Rig button. Then I don't see controllers to make them move and when I try to move the lower or upper leg they move independently and they are not connected and there is no joint.

Also, I tried using the Rubber Pin tool but when I put puppet pins in the texture it doesn't generate keyframes and the Rubber Hose tutorial says to select keyframes, but they simply are not there.

Am I missing something? AE is up to date and as far as I know, I have the latest version of Rubber Hose.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Rubber Hose issue

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, just purchased the Rubber Hose plug-in to improve my animations and it doesn't seem to be working. Here is what is happening:

I use the mask tool to make the shapes I want out of jpeg texture. I line up the joint in the center crosshairs. I select the upper leg then the lower leg (separate jpegs layers) and then press the Rubber Rig button. Then I don't see controllers to make them move and when I try to move the lower or upper leg they move independently and they are not connected and there is no joint.

Also, I tried using the Rubber Pin tool but when I put puppet pins in the texture it doesn't generate keyframes and the Rubber Hose tutorial says to select keyframes, but they simply are not there.

Am I missing something? AE is up to date and as far as I know, I have the latest version of Rubber Hose.

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you carefully gone through all of the manufacturer's tutorials? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Spending more time on it I figured out that it's putting the controllers far outside the workspace, so it's kind of useless.

I tried precomposing the individual jpeg layers and still, the controllers are positioned in such a way as to be useless. 

Screengrab attached to illustrate what is occurring.

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.05.10 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to reposition the controllers?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your cropped screenshot does not give us any info about what is actually going on. Select the two layers in question, press 'uu' to reveal every modified property in the layers and show us the UI with the parent/link column (Shift + F4) and both the Switches and Modes columns (first two icons at the bottom left corner of the timeline) visible. Only then will we have some idea about what is going on and maybe help a bit. 

I don't use the script (plug-in) but I use similar tools. I suspect that you may be missing a step somewhere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.19.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.19.16 PM (2).png

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 8.22.24 PM.png

Included an image of the plug in after I tried to align the layers correctly. Also here is the tutorial page from the website:

https://help.battleaxe.co/rubberhose2/build.html#rubberrig

I am using the Rubber RIg tool on two jpegs with masks on them. The textures I am "cutting" them from do not extend out past the work area so still confused as to what is happneing. Thanks for your time and patience.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try putting the anchor point of the masked layers in the middle of the masks. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No luck.

Whatever the script does it resets the anchor points to the "joint" where the elbow or knee would be and the controllers wind up outside the work area again.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several tweets back and forth with the software's creator this is the solution:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqa18u5fopll7fn/RubberRig%20with%20textures.mov?dl=0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0