• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saber plugin. Out of place post render. Please help.

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm quite new to After Effects.

I'm having an issue with the Saber plugin. I spent ages moving the saber frame by frame in my footage, however, after rendering the saber is out of place. See attached videos. 1 is a screen record of footage playing in After effects with the saber in correct place. 2nd video is rendered version with saber out of place.

I'm hoping someone can advise what I'm doing wrong.

I'm using AE version 16.1.0

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Intel 8th Gen I7

32GB RAM

Geforce GTX 1070 Max Q

Video recorded on Samsung Galaxy Note 10. 4K 30fps.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Import and export , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

I've figured it out! Durung the render, the source was 29.99fps and output was 30fps. I rendered the footage without saber plugin at 30fps and then imported it back into After Effects. I then added saber frame by frame and rendered it. It came out perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've figured it out! Durung the render, the source was 29.99fps and output was 30fps. I rendered the footage without saber plugin at 30fps and then imported it back into After Effects. I then added saber frame by frame and rendered it. It came out perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Neither one of those links is working. Most of the time a screenshot with the modified properties of the layer you are having problems with is much more useful. Select the layer with Sabert applied, press UU to reveal all of the changes you have made to the layer, take a screenshot and then post it to the forum using the Insert Photos icon at the top of the reply form. It's the fifth from the left. 

The most likely reason that Saber is out of position is that it is on a 3D layer and you are not looking at the Active Camera view. Only the Active Camera will render. 

Glad you got it solved. The frame rate mismatch tells me that you were setting up custom compositions and/or custom render settings. That is never a good idea until you have a very good understanding of video formats and standards. Your workaround is a little funky and indicated a little confusion about footage frame rates, comp frame rates, and timing. It may have worked but it is not at all a recommended solution to the problem. I'd still like to see a screenshot and detailed workflow description.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines