Highlighted

Saving 3d photoshop shape to rework in after effects

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get this to work. I save as a multi-sided PSB but it is flattened in after effects. 

I would ultimately like to give the impression of this shape rolling along a section of motorway in a film I've made...any clues how I could do this please?

My previous post was about trying to give the impression of passing under a virtual bridge  on the motorway - as I was struggling to do this I thought I'd try another equally frustrating solution!

Thank you...Untitled.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Saving 3d photoshop shape to rework in after effects

Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get this to work. I save as a multi-sided PSB but it is flattened in after effects. 

I would ultimately like to give the impression of this shape rolling along a section of motorway in a film I've made...any clues how I could do this please?

My previous post was about trying to give the impression of passing under a virtual bridge  on the motorway - as I was struggling to do this I thought I'd try another equally frustrating solution!

Thank you...Untitled.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Long and short: No. There is no such workflow. It used to exist some time around CS5 as a more or less experimental thing, but then things evolved differently. If you really have want to use 3D objects from PS in AE, you have to export them from PS, import them into Cinema 4D and then import this scene via Cineware into AE. That or of course using plug-ins like Element 3D and so on.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0