• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving a file for the first time completely messes it up

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened new project, worked on an animation with a polygon for about an hour, and saved it. When I opened it later, almost everything with the polygon was changed - size, proportion, vertically flipped, anchor points and so on. Running the latest version of AE. This is absolutely crazy considering the fact that I didn't even pirate it or anything lol.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Impossible to know. Your description is at best vague and you have not even provided info on how you create your "polygon", how it's animated and so on. Sorry, this is simply useless. You need to provide actual info, screenshots and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough, I followed this tutorial till about 60%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw4InHT_hk8

When I saved the file and reopened later the entire group of polygons was compressed a lot vertically and flipped, and everything was messed up, that's all I can say. Just wondering if this was common or a one off thing. I was pissed off and I tried reverting it but closed AE, and I never thought about taking a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, without actual info about your system and what exactly you did it's impossible to know. This could be anything from corrupted caches to failing hardware acceleration to you having accidentally create a bunch of keyframes in the wrong places while pushing stuff around.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines