Highlighted

screen recorded videos imported into after effect glitch

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have to screen record my boss's instagram storeis and edit them in after effects. However, anytime I import a screen recorded video into after effects the video glitches. It gets choppy and pixelated. Sound works perfectly though. I've tried rendering the clips through media encoder first then importing them into after effects but it doesn't help. Does anyone have advice for this / has anyone run into this same problem?

The screen recordings also glitch in premeire.

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

screen recorded videos imported into after effect glitch

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have to screen record my boss's instagram storeis and edit them in after effects. However, anytime I import a screen recorded video into after effects the video glitches. It gets choppy and pixelated. Sound works perfectly though. I've tried rendering the clips through media encoder first then importing them into after effects but it doesn't help. Does anyone have advice for this / has anyone run into this same problem?

The screen recordings also glitch in premeire.

Topics

Error or problem, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First question: What do you mean when you say Edit in After Effects? AE is a compositing, motion graphics and visual effects app never designed to edit video but to create shots you can't create in an NLE.

Second Question: What screen recording software are you using and does it have various output options. I use Screenflow and I can output ProRez if I need to and the exported output is at a constant frame rate. There are several screen recording tools that don't do that so the video is pretty useless in post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2020 0