Highlighted

Screen recording > After effects > Exported video low resolution

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm posting here because I cannot find an answer to my problem. I'll try to be as specific as possible.

My current flow

I created a prototype in Figma which I used Quicktime to record. The output video from this is very high resolution (3070 × 1918 with H:264 codec) and looks great - all text and boxes are clean and crisp.

I imported this .mov file into AE via the 'Create composition from footage'. It brings it in at the resolution it was created at and still looks good when played within AE. Now here is the issue; as soon as I resize the composition to 1920x1080 and scale the video down, it looks fine in AE but as soon as I export it it loses resolution and crispness. I have tried exporting as a quicktime with lossless settings, I have tried exporting using AME with H:264. I have tried increasing the bitrate. I have even tried exporting with Apple Pro Res settings.

My resolution in AE is set to full. I have used scale to resize.

No matter what I try, the video comes out blurry. Help! I have watched countless videos and tried countless 'solutions' but nothing is working so I am at my wits end with this one. I have attached 2 images to demonstrate what I mean. The first is the footage in AE and the second is an MP4 export.

I have even tried bringing an illustrator file in, ensuring all layers are continuously rasterized and the export is still blurry. I have lost hope with this but hoping someone can help.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Screen recording > After effects > Exported video low resolution

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm posting here because I cannot find an answer to my problem. I'll try to be as specific as possible.

My current flow

I created a prototype in Figma which I used Quicktime to record. The output video from this is very high resolution (3070 × 1918 with H:264 codec) and looks great - all text and boxes are clean and crisp.

I imported this .mov file into AE via the 'Create composition from footage'. It brings it in at the resolution it was created at and still looks good when played within AE. Now here is the issue; as soon as I resize the composition to 1920x1080 and scale the video down, it looks fine in AE but as soon as I export it it loses resolution and crispness. I have tried exporting as a quicktime with lossless settings, I have tried exporting using AME with H:264. I have tried increasing the bitrate. I have even tried exporting with Apple Pro Res settings.

My resolution in AE is set to full. I have used scale to resize.

No matter what I try, the video comes out blurry. Help! I have watched countless videos and tried countless 'solutions' but nothing is working so I am at my wits end with this one. I have attached 2 images to demonstrate what I mean. The first is the footage in AE and the second is an MP4 export.

I have even tried bringing an illustrator file in, ensuring all layers are continuously rasterized and the export is still blurry. I have lost hope with this but hoping someone can help.

Topics

How to, Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be a dumb question, but I've seen other 'oops' moments before. But what is the size that you are rendering/exporting to? Can you attach a screenshot of your After Effects render settings (or your Media Encoder export settings if doing it through that method)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines