Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sculpting,

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sir,

Kindly add a plugin so that we can be able to sculpt a character directly in after effect. Or lunch a software by the help of which we could make cartoon movies. I really like adobe products

Thank You

Shah Faisal

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say Sculpt a character I am assuming you mean a 3D character like Woody in Toy Story. If that is what you mean then AE comes with C4D lite which contains some basic 3D tools that will let you do some very basic character rigging, but nowhere near what Pixar does. You can't sculpt in C4D Lite.

Hou can do a little more advanced character modeling and rigging in Element 3D from Video Copilot, but you are still a very long way from a tool that will allow you to create complex 3D characters, dress them, rig, and animate them. For that you need the full version of C4D or 3DS Max. If you are on a budget, Blender is an open-source (free) 3D app that is incredibly powerful and well supported. Check it out at http://blender.org. Integration between After Effects and Blender is surprisingly good. Even though I have C4D, I do most of my modeling in Blender because I have used it longer and it's more comfortable to me.

Don't expect to learn how to do character animation with any of those apps without spending a couple hundred hours doing some well-directed homework. Character modeling and animation is not easy or automatic in any way. Here's a quick sample of the things enthusiasts create using Blender all the time.

If you are talking more traditional animation like Looney Toons, then Character Animator is a very easy app to learn and use. All you have to do is create your layered artwork following a few rules, then open up Character animator and start animating. Face, eyes, and mouth animation is automated using your computer camera and the results can be pretty good. Here's a sampler:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines