Highlighted

Seamlessly gif/video for website background

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have this https://vimeo.com/413099432 animation I made that I want to put on my landing page, but after it stops and it starts again it doesn't flow properly. I want to make it look like it never stops, like it's going on and on.

Like this one: https://66.media.tumblr.com/5524ffad7860de8551729ce6e8958812/tumblr_ocs6185TgM1s2t3cto1_500.gifv - it looks like it never ends. 

How can I achieve that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

To make a seamless loop gif in After Effects you have to have to start by making the composition one frame longer than you want it to be. Then the first and last frame of the comp must be identical. Just before you send the comp to the Render Cue to render the lossless version you are going to process in Photoshop, you need to trim the comp by one frame. You can then export the movie and turn it into a gif that makes a perfect loop. 

The first and last frames of your video are not even close to being the same. You need to trim the comp.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Seamlessly gif/video for website background

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I have this https://vimeo.com/413099432 animation I made that I want to put on my landing page, but after it stops and it starts again it doesn't flow properly. I want to make it look like it never stops, like it's going on and on.

Like this one: https://66.media.tumblr.com/5524ffad7860de8551729ce6e8958812/tumblr_ocs6185TgM1s2t3cto1_500.gifv - it looks like it never ends. 

How can I achieve that?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Rick Gerard | Adobe Community Professional

To make a seamless loop gif in After Effects you have to have to start by making the composition one frame longer than you want it to be. Then the first and last frame of the comp must be identical. Just before you send the comp to the Render Cue to render the lossless version you are going to process in Photoshop, you need to trim the comp by one frame. You can then export the movie and turn it into a gif that makes a perfect loop. 

The first and last frames of your video are not even close to being the same. You need to trim the comp.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your actual GIF nobody can tell you much, but the simple truth likely is that you need to optimize the hell out of it in Photoshop or another GIF-editing tool/ online service. Directly producing a GIF from AE rarely ever makes sense since the underlying palette optimization and compression don't work that well due to how AE's rendering works.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ook, I see, thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines