• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Separate dimensions for orientation property not available

Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to do bezier curve editing in the graph editor for a 3D layer's orientation property, but the separate dimensions option is greyed out. How do I use the graph editor for this property? I tried making a null 3D layer and adjusting Orientation but "separate dimensions" was likewise disabled

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The position property is the only property that allows separate dimensions. 

It is very unusual to animate the orientation property. You have a lot more control animating X, Y, and Z rotation. Please tell us exactly what you want to achieve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah too bad, I was doing a simple "card flip" effect on a diagonal axis and used the Rotation Tool to orient my 3D object. I was looking to get more fine grained control over the easing with the graph editor. I suppose I can use the X, Y, and Z rotation property instead--it just is a pain to get it to be oriented the way I want, the Rotation Tool is much easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Card flips are much easier using the Rotation controls. Editing the Speed Graph is by far the easiest way to control the easing. Controlling easing with rotation values is not only difficult to visualize but harder to control and it's easy to get things moving in two directions. Maybe this tutorial will help you edit the speed graph. The tutorial explains editing position but the technique is exactly the same. Easing is not ever value-based, it's speed/rate of change/acceleration-based. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to right click on layer name and see if "3D layer" option is checked.
You can only see separate dimensions active if this option is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines