Highlighted

Separate groups for fill and stroke from illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am beginning to lose my patience.

I have an illustrator file that I have pulled into AE. When I do so and create a shape from a vector layer it keeps generating separate groups for the stroke and the fill. It's driving me insane, there is no apparent reason for this behaviour and i've spent the last four hours trying to figure this out.

• Layers are released to sequence
  • There are no brushes on the fill objects, the stroke is set to basic.
  • All blending is set to normal (much to my irritation, having to remove all of the shading) and opacity across all of the layers is 100%

What am I missing here? Adobe won't let me upload either the ai or the aep files and gives the following error:

The attachment's tv_unicorn.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

So that's not helpful either.

TOPICS
Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Separate groups for fill and stroke from illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am beginning to lose my patience.

I have an illustrator file that I have pulled into AE. When I do so and create a shape from a vector layer it keeps generating separate groups for the stroke and the fill. It's driving me insane, there is no apparent reason for this behaviour and i've spent the last four hours trying to figure this out.

• Layers are released to sequence
  • There are no brushes on the fill objects, the stroke is set to basic.
  • All blending is set to normal (much to my irritation, having to remove all of the shading) and opacity across all of the layers is 100%

What am I missing here? Adobe won't let me upload either the ai or the aep files and gives the following error:

The attachment's tv_unicorn.ai content type (application/postscript) does not match its file extension and has been removed.

So that's not helpful either.

TOPICS
Import and export, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?