• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

_Series of still images imported to make animation

Enthusiast ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported a series of about 20 .PNG files into Ae like I have many times before to make an animation, however now, on some of the images, I'm getting that 'test pattern' as if the images are missing.... (?). I've reopened in Photoshop, resaved with different names, reimported and still the problem persists when I preview ... Any ideas?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Enthusiast , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

On their own, they import fine (individually), but as a sequence it says they're missing. 

However, I fixed it by doing this:

Import 1-9

Then Import 10-20

Works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

This is nothing but a simple file numbering error. If you have 1000 images in a sequence the first image must be named someylike Image_0001.png The last would be Image_1000.png.

If you put a leading 0 in the first 9 images you would not have had to import the sequence in two parts. When you have an improperly named image sequence you can automatically rename all of the images in Bridge or several other utilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide ONE screen grab for each of the following panels - Project, Timeline and Composition.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will, but in about 10 hours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error at opening ae....error at opening ae....How the png sequence SHOULD lookHow the png sequence SHOULD lookhere's the errorhere's the errortimelinetimeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these PNG files located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried from both my desktop and a server...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've checked the sequence to make sure that frame is actually there and readable by the computer?

Try importing just the troublesome frame to see if that PNG is readable by AE at all.

Is it always the same one that has an issue or is it random?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On their own, they import fine (individually), but as a sequence it says they're missing. 

However, I fixed it by doing this:

Import 1-9

Then Import 10-20

Works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...that's annoying, but I'm glad it's working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, I was more concerned that something was corrupt in Ae in general, since I couldn't afford to lose other elements... Thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is nothing but a simple file numbering error. If you have 1000 images in a sequence the first image must be named someylike Image_0001.png The last would be Image_1000.png.

If you put a leading 0 in the first 9 images you would not have had to import the sequence in two parts. When you have an improperly named image sequence you can automatically rename all of the images in Bridge or several other utilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much Rick! That makes a lot of sense. That's definitely the Answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines