Highlighted

Set fill to transparent

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I select 'transparent' for a fill on a shape or path without having to scroll through my layers and edit their properties?

I'm used to Illustrator, InDesign etc where I can simply select 'transparent' instead of selecting a colour.

Yet whenever I click the 'fill' button in AE, all I see is this:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 17.04.49.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Anna Lander | Adobe Community Professional

Do you mean "None" value for fill? To set it, click on "Fill" link (the word next to the sample rectangle). The fill type window will appear, you can choose "None", "Color" or "Gradient". And yes, you can select several layers and change them together.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Set fill to transparent

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I select 'transparent' for a fill on a shape or path without having to scroll through my layers and edit their properties?

I'm used to Illustrator, InDesign etc where I can simply select 'transparent' instead of selecting a colour.

Yet whenever I click the 'fill' button in AE, all I see is this:

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 17.04.49.png

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Anna Lander | Adobe Community Professional

Do you mean "None" value for fill? To set it, click on "Fill" link (the word next to the sample rectangle). The fill type window will appear, you can choose "None", "Color" or "Gradient". And yes, you can select several layers and change them together.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-click on the fill sample in the top toolbar to set default options for newly created shape layers. Otherwise there is no quick swatch for this.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0