Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Matte Effects Missing

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I'm still using Adobe 5.5

I've just been given an AE template to work with. Upon opening the .aep work file I get a window saying: 'This project contains 1 reference to a missing effect. Please install the following effect to restore this reference ("Set Matte").

When I checked my effects panel, I noticed that I have the effect "Set Matte" (16bits), below it is another tab Missing effect "Set Matte" (8bits). If I have (16) I can just use it and match what the missing "Set Matte" (8) was set to. However, when the layers, I see no trace of "Set Matte" being applied. 

I would appreciate a response. Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Set Matte was updated at some point indeed. What you experience would happen if you downconvert a project from a newer version to an older one. The rest we can't answer, but it seems to me you haven't actually dug into the tons of pre-comps. Clearly, if the warning pops up it is being used somewhere and the outcome just looks wrong, further enforcing this assumption. Double- and triple-check again.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines