• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Saber Properties using Extendscript

Engaged ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using ExtendScript with VideoCopilot's "Saber" plug-in, but I'm having some problems. The way the plug-in is set up is that there are multiple effect properties with the exact same name but under different drop down arrows. For example:

johnt53984649_0-1592254849207.png

As you can see, there are multiple properties with the name "Distortion Amounnt." In ExtendScript, if I want to change the property with something like:

myLayer.property("Effects").property("Saber").property("Distortion Amount").setValue(5)

It only changes the very first one in the list (in other words, the Glow Distortion). Suppose I want to change the Core Distortion as well with ExtendScript. How would I reference it in ExtendScript? How do I change the Core Distortion effect property?

TOPICS
Expressions , How to , Scripting , SDK , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to use the match name instead of the name. The match name should be unique for each property. The easiest way to figure out the match name is using the script rdGimmePropertyPath

http://www.redefinery.com/ae/view.php?item=rd_GimmePropPath

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was extremely helpful. Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All properties and groups can be addressed by their numerical index and those are absolute and unique.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines