Highlighted

Setting up a Null controller/camera for a nested 3d layer.

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using the free script 3D-pre-compose
from Video Copilot. It works great, but I was wondering if it's posible to parent the main camera to a control null for easier animation rather than animating the camera orbit.
I want to be able to use seperate lights on the Element comp(WORLD) from the rectangle sphere comp.

Everytime I pickwip the the camera to the control null the Element 3D layer totaly disapears.

I'm not a expressions savaunt at all!

Is there extra code I would to include to get this to work?

I have include a screen shot.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Setting up a Null controller/camera for a nested 3d layer.

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using the free script 3D-pre-compose
from Video Copilot. It works great, but I was wondering if it's posible to parent the main camera to a control null for easier animation rather than animating the camera orbit.
I want to be able to use seperate lights on the Element comp(WORLD) from the rectangle sphere comp.

Everytime I pickwip the the camera to the control null the Element 3D layer totaly disapears.

I'm not a expressions savaunt at all!

Is there extra code I would to include to get this to work?

I have include a screen shot.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 18, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 19, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try that: link the camera to the null in "element", after that select that camera and null, choose edit > copy with property links, go to the composition "world", delete the camera and paste the camera and null that you copied from "element" comp. The pasted camera and null should be controlled by the original ones. Hope it works for you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions Ali! But it still does not work.

I can control the nested comp only if I check on 3D in the World comp, but then that layer looses the Element 3D extrusions. and the lights get combined.

Hmmm.

Thnaks again for your suggestions!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

I still wonder why it didn't work, have you tried to move the null in "element" and it didn't update in "world"? All transformations made on the original null and camera should be applied to the one's inside of "world" comp.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0