Highlighted

Shape Layers lugging down a workstation but animating faster on a laptop.

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are shape layers GPU accelerated?

I have a really heavy shape layered project (72 layers) that will bog down a Ryzen 2700x workstation with a 4K monitor, 32GB Ram and GTX 1070 video card.

The same project will preview/work and just plain run better on a Dell laptop (i7 9750H, 16GB and GTX 1660ti). The only main difference is that the laptop is operating 2 monitors at 1080p instead of a 4K monitor. However it will render slower than the workstation.

I'm just trying to figure out the disconnect between the two here. It just baffles me that something with roughly half the resources of the other can operate more efficiently while using the program but render slower.

- Rob

TOPICS
Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Shape Layers lugging down a workstation but animating faster on a laptop.

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are shape layers GPU accelerated?

I have a really heavy shape layered project (72 layers) that will bog down a Ryzen 2700x workstation with a 4K monitor, 32GB Ram and GTX 1070 video card.

The same project will preview/work and just plain run better on a Dell laptop (i7 9750H, 16GB and GTX 1660ti). The only main difference is that the laptop is operating 2 monitors at 1080p instead of a 4K monitor. However it will render slower than the workstation.

I'm just trying to figure out the disconnect between the two here. It just baffles me that something with roughly half the resources of the other can operate more efficiently while using the program but render slower.

- Rob

TOPICS
Resources, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2020 0

Have something to add?