• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape Tools/Help With Designing

Explorer ,
May 30, 2020 May 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I wanna be able to do some Masking with the Elipse Option. But, All I have the ability to do is the Rectangle.

Any Ideas How I can fix the Elipse Masking Options?

Also, for some reason when I Import an PNG Vector File from something such as Illustratrator where All I've done is Imported a 1920x1080 Graphic of a bunch of circles to Trace and Transform into a Light Source. When I click "Auto Trace. My After Effects Always Decides it wants to crash.. Any Ideas?

I just Added In Some Plugins from the 3rd Party Service - Video Copilot with their Optical Flares and Saber Plugins.

I'm trying to design Motion Graphics/Concert Stage Lighting.

My Big Insterst For Motion Graphics would be for Stinger Transitions/Sports Broadcasting/Intro and Outro Videos.

The idea for Concert Lighting Is for some fun Video FX To Simulate A Rock N Roll Show for some Fun Personal Video Intros and even to make for Commisions if people ever request something.

I've love to learn with these Options to simulate what the Program "Realizzer" Does In this Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWwiihe09FQ But, instead of Realizer I'll be using After Effects Since I'm already within the Adobe Services

Any good Tutorials out thereto make these Lighting FX looks as Realistic as possible?

Please Link Them Below.

I Enjoy doing These Types Or Art Design While I'm Steaming Live On My Twitch Channel.

I know that Adob was once a Twitch Channel and I was always there watching for Tutorials. I'd love to see the Adobe Channel come back to Twitch as It was a blast

- PYRO
TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Expressions , Freeze or hang , How to , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you long-click on the rectangle, the other mask options appear. This is standard behaviour across all Adobe apps. There is a little arrow in the lower right corner of the button icon to indicate, that there a more options available.

We cannot know why your AE crashes with autotrace. We need a bunch more useful information about your system, software versions and workflow.

I can't provide any tutorials about light effects, but taken the video as example, I would start with shape layers, gaussian blur, fractial noise and layer blend modes.

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So for After Effects Crashes. I always Purge After Effects after I'm finished with it. 

When I start up a file I start with a Default HDTV Video Preset 29.97

I Import a file into After Effects from Adobe Illustrator when I've done the file in Illustrator and I've done "Export > Save For Web Legacy PNG" and then I import the file to After Effects as a PNG.

I select the file and I put it as a layer and then I select Layer > Auto Trace and then I get the (Not Responding) I'm running 32GB of RAM on my Computer with 16GB dedicated to Adobe

- PYRO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why aren't you importing the illustrator file right away? AE can handle AI files natively.

Then you can create "shapes from vectors" to get animateable paths (sorry, I don't know exactly how this options is called).

If the vectors are not very complex, you can create them in AE, too. Safes you a bunch of process.

And if you don't need to animate the paths, you can use the AI file without converting. If you put your artwork in layers in AI and import it as composition into AE, you get all the layers (but prevent layer styles and better rebuild them in AE).

You can try to dedicate more RAM to AE to prevent the crashes, but keep at least 4 GB for other apps. Also, close as many apps as posible while working with AE. What CPU and GPU is your system running on? How have you set up the cache? What drives are you using?

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm I'mporting them as a PNG because I'm trying to ensure I have the right version of the file. If I was able to see the Icon of the File for Illustrator/Photoshop/EA like I could see a PNG. I'd love that Idea

- PYRO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should find a file name convention to ensure versioning instead of using a complicated and kind of pointless workflow.

I always name my files YYMMDD_clearNameofWhatisInside_Versionnumber

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will not dive into the issue and the way you try to repeat this kind of light effects, but the right tools of this light effects in video copilot OF or maybe RG KNOLL LIGHT so no need to draw anything on AI and converted to PNG..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines