Highlighted

Should I upgrade to CC 2020 or stick to CC 2018?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got a new laptop today and it meets the system requirements for CC 2020 (Core i7 10th gen, 32 GB RAM, 2GB dedicated Nvidia). Until now, I was using CC 2018. I'm wondering if I should now also upgrade to CC 2020 or stick with CC 2018. I'm pretty happy with CC 2018 and don't really feel the need to upgrade. Moreover, some of the plugins etc. may not be fully supported on CC 2020 as it's new. 

What do you guys think? Should I go with CC 2020 now or just stick to CC 2018 for now? 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Should I upgrade to CC 2020 or stick to CC 2018?

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I got a new laptop today and it meets the system requirements for CC 2020 (Core i7 10th gen, 32 GB RAM, 2GB dedicated Nvidia). Until now, I was using CC 2018. I'm wondering if I should now also upgrade to CC 2020 or stick with CC 2018. I'm pretty happy with CC 2018 and don't really feel the need to upgrade. Moreover, some of the plugins etc. may not be fully supported on CC 2020 as it's new. 

What do you guys think? Should I go with CC 2020 now or just stick to CC 2018 for now? 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of new features and improvements in CC 2020. I would install it and keep 2018 on your machine. There are no reported problems with 3rd party plug-ins from the majors like Boris FX, Red Giant, and AE Scripts. I rely on all of them and I have several versions of most of the Creative Cloud suite running on most of my machines.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
OussK LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful and don't uninstall the CC2018 because you will not able to downloaded it again from the CC, but anyway the CC2020 looks very stable and use it a long time ago and I didn't have any issue at all. so try to download the CC2020 and test it for a few weeks to be sure everything is good, and the good thing you can still save backward to CC2018 directly from CC2020, anyway the new feature in the CC2020 is amazing also the 3D tools that will become in the coming release looks very cool

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0