• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simple string vibration

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!  I'd like to make simple string vibration effect.  There are a few tutorials online, but they all seem to be linking the string vibration with audio. I don't need that.  Just a way to keyframe the action of a string being plucked.   Thanks much!

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I was you, I would use the existing tutorials to get the visual effect you need and then remove the audio component from it. If these are created using expressions you can convert the expressions to keyframes and then edit it to fit your needs?

If you want to start from scratch then its not an easy job and involves several steps. My approach would be to use the Sin funtions to creat the vibrating waves. Here's a tutorial outlining how to use these

https://www.lynda.com/After-Effects-tutorials/Working-sine-cosine-functions/126108/163787-4.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Angie!  ... I'll chcek it out. I actually acheived the desired effect just keyframing the CC Bender effect. But, I'll look at the Sin functions, also. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will also want to Dan Ebbert's vibrating strings page: Vibrating Strings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks as always, Rick!  that works, too. Not sure how to stop and start it like a plucked string, however. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines