• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

simple way to extrude PNG logos?

Enthusiast ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you suggest a simple way to extrude a PNG logo with text in it?

im trying but it seems very complicated, After effects can only extrude shapes and text, but doesnt give me the option with PNGs

i autraced it, but got stuck once i had the masks crated, didnt know where to go from there

i also image traced it in illustrator, but when i being it into after effects, still no option to extrude

im using cinema4d renderer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019
the only problem i have now is that illustrator thinks that the holes in the letters are white shapes *like the hole in the letter A or D

they are shapes... you just need to make sure the hierarchy makes sense and is passed through properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can Take the path from the auto-trace and paste it in a path property of a shape layer

or

Right click on the illustrator layer->create-> create shapes from vector layer. Now you have shape layer that will extrude.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

the only problem i have now is that illustrator thinks that the holes in the letters are white shapes *like the hole in the letter A or D

do you know how to prevent that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is going to take some handwork. The process is not going to be automatic.

Personally, I would not extrude logo in After Effects directly, I would create my vector artwork and then use Cinema 4D Lite and extrude there. More control, faster rendering, and once the learning curve has passed, you will get better results in less time.

If you really want to do the extruding in after effects make sure you use the C4D rendering engine. Make sure your illustrator artwork is fully prepared. One more time, that process will not be automatic and will require you to do a lot of editing on the paths and on the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are shapes... you just need to make sure the hierarchy makes sense and is passed through properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Layer > Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer.  This will create a new Shape layer based on the vectors in your Illustrator file and, accordingly, Extrude Depth will be available under Geometry Options when the 3D Layer switch is enabled.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is also important to know that gradients, custom strokes and brushes, and groups may not convert to shape layers the way you expect them to. If the logo has a bunch of gradients in it, or if you end up with images with masks they will end up as gray layers that you will have to color manually. Like I said before, there is no automatic way to convert a PNG logo to an AI file that will successfully convert to a composition that includes vector layers that will successfully convert to shape layers that can be extruded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check this tutorial,, isn't the best solution but in can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcq3uq2WNsI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please and please can I get a more classical logo than the one on News and Entertainments blog  ?

Latest Nigeria News

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines