• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Simply Join Two Masks

Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I give up! I've found references to merge paths, join paths, I've looked around. I was doing a write-on effect, tracing a path inside a font, and at some point I must have clicked off it, and it started a second path. I figured I might need to do this again in the future, so I should find out how easy it is to join the two into one at the arrow points below. I'm sure I would have been done 1.5 hours ago had I simply started over!

MyerPj_0-1597708953174.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Yeah, this one is a weak point in AE.  

Select both Mask paths in After Effects and copy and paste them to an Illustrator file (make the AI file the same dimensions as your Comp).  Join the paths there and then copy and paste the new, single Mask path back.

-Warren

Oh... in AI, select the last point of one path an the first point of the path you want to join it to and then press command J, Mac or control J windows to join the points.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, this one is a weak point in AE.  

Select both Mask paths in After Effects and copy and paste them to an Illustrator file (make the AI file the same dimensions as your Comp).  Join the paths there and then copy and paste the new, single Mask path back.

-Warren

Oh... in AI, select the last point of one path an the first point of the path you want to join it to and then press command J, Mac or control J windows to join the points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines