• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sketchy lineart in after effects

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I need help in something I have seen many people doing their art with this style,the sketchy lineart,when i ask them about it the tell me they do it with after effects. Is it the turbulent displace or roughen edges plugin ? Some exemples

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I need help in something

I have seen many people doing their art with this style,the sketchy lineart,when i ask them about it the tell me they do it with after effects.

Is it the turbulent displace or roughen edges plugin ?

Some exemples

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Get Started forum to the After Effects forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to animate that kind of artwork it is far easier to create the original artwork in Illustrator with each element you want to animate on a separate layer and then import the AI file as a composition - retaining layer size. Trying to create those illustrations in AE is possible but an extremely inefficient workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah thank you 

But right now i need it just for drawings 

Since i use only mouse,I want to do this sketchy lines with plugins in after effects

Because it look easier for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trust me, drawing anything like that using After Effects Shape Layers is going to take at least four or five times longer in After Effects than it is in Illustrator and you will not have access to nearly as many time-saving tools. No professional motion graphics artists would try and recreate or edit anything like this directly in After Effects:

IMG_20200402_112523.jpg

Every one of those black lines that have a brush look will have to be a filled shape in After Effects or a separate line on a separate layer with a distortion effect applied. In Illustrator all you have to do is assign a brush to the brush tool and draw.

If you just want to create the drawings After Effects is the wrong tool. It would be like trying to drive nails with a screwdriver. You might get it done eventually but it's going to make a mess.

If you want to animate those kinds of drawings you need to create the artwork in Illustrator as a layered document, import as a composition retaining layer size and then animate the composition that AE creates. 

It's as easy as this from the Illustrator User Guide and can quickly get really fancy with just a little practice like this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks 

I Draw with Retas studio not with AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines