• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skipping letters while typing in After Effects - Mac

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't manually write text in AE, because it's skipping letters. When I'm typing, I'm seeing a little blue rendering progress bar in the bottom right corner of the monitor - and it's skipping letters.

This is an older problem, I hoped it would get fixed with coming updates, but since I first experienced it, there have been a bunch of updates and it's not getting any better.

I'm running the latest version of AE on a Late 2019 Macbook Pro. I've searched all over and couldn't find a solution to this verry bugging issue.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, that's higly irregular. if it were a common issue, it would have been fixed of course, but since it isn't, it boils down to the simple fact that something is wrong on your end. Impossible to tell, though. From odd combinations of fonts, screen resolution, a wrongly set composition renderer to other tools intercepting keyboard inputs this could be anything. The mere mention of the (software) rendering progress bar is a telltale sign that something is seriously awry. in any case, you can only tip-toe through all the relevant settings and try to figure out what the culprit is. I'm afraid that's one of those cases where it will simply be impossible to figure out things on a forum due to absence of clear indicators for wht could be the cause.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines