• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance of Ae 2020 on Macbook pro 2020 i9

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! i'm just getting a new Macbook pro 2020, i9 16Ram and SSD, so i'm install just a few app from the Adobe suite and i found that some app like Ae are just running to slow.

In a render of a comp of 7 seconds, my new mabook 2020 took about 50 seconds to render and show me the comp, but i try the same in a Macbook pro 2012 i7 with 16Ram and a SSD and this took about a 30 seconds to render the same Comp.

I'm really frustrated with this, because i'm invert money in a new machine to work with Adobe and i found that is much more slow than my old machine. 

Someone have a answer, or the same problem or tip to this?

i'm appreciate very much.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing wrong. Bluntly put, You invested your money in the wrong machine. It's the old gag of per core efficiency vs. AE barely having any multithreading/ parallel processing for a lot of stuff. In simple words, the two cores AE may use on your i9 processor represent a less powerful processor than the actual two cores of your older processor, whatever that may have been. You may want to read the gigazillion posts on performance optimization in AE, where literally everyone has explained it over and over again. unless AE gets better parallel processing, this won't change. At best you can hope that one day the currently equally terrible GPU functions on Macs might work better, mitigating some of the performance issues, but that's an entirely different story of its own.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually more to the point (Bluntly Put) Affter Effects is a joke.  It is old antiquated code base.  Get black magic fusion.  It is way better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel for the original poster. The Macbook's just aren't what they used to be, couple that with antiquated AE and it's kind of the boat we're in right now.
As for Fusion, if only it was that easy (or practical). Fusion is awesome and Adobe should really be upgraded but since CC became a thing that's not a priority. Unfortunately, Fusion isn't really supported in many pipelines, whereas AE is ubiquitous and easy to share with other production houses or teams. Hell, I'd say use Nuke, but for a lot of work you do in AE it's overkill or so rarified (just like Fusion) it doesn't really make the argument. Also, motion graphics in Fusion or Nuke seems like a square sledgehammer for a round thumb-tack type situation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines