Highlighted

Slow previewing and rendering in After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

These are my specs: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - Nvidia RTX 2070 Super - 16 GB RAM

I have been facing sluggishness in Adobe After Effects from the first time I worked on a project. I changed it from software to hardware rendering(CUDA) but still the same. I open the Task Manager and when I render or just preveiw my work it doesn't use the GPU at all. It uses only 1 to 3 percent of the GPU while if I work or render a project in Adobe Premiere it works just fine.

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Slow previewing and rendering in After Effects

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello folks,

These are my specs: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X - Nvidia RTX 2070 Super - 16 GB RAM

I have been facing sluggishness in Adobe After Effects from the first time I worked on a project. I changed it from software to hardware rendering(CUDA) but still the same. I open the Task Manager and when I render or just preveiw my work it doesn't use the GPU at all. It uses only 1 to 3 percent of the GPU while if I work or render a project in Adobe Premiere it works just fine.

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang, Import and export, Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2020 0
Mylenium LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to be answering this every other day, but here we go again: It's just how AE works. Very few functions in AE are hardware-accelerated to begin with and it's easy enough to effectively disable any GPU usage by combining certain effects and features that cause the software to revert to software-only mode. Combine that with teh fact that AE is barely multi-threaded and does not have things like asynchronous parallel processing, you should come to realize that neither your multicore processor nor your super fancy GPU will ever be used fully. You can't kill AE with hardware, you have to work smart and structure your projects suitable to benefit from the limited GPU features and letting the rest be handled by AE caching in the background, where possible.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 0