Highlighted

Sluggish Performance w/ AE 17.5.0 and OS 10.15.7

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else noticing decreased performance issues with AE 17.5.0 and OS 10.15.7?

I'm having RAM Prieivew issues w/ projects that worked fine on previous OS/App combo. Sometimes not able to RAM Preview in RT a range < 10 seconds at Quarter Resolution!

Also my Video Preview has become quite finicky. I have to force VP to my main monitor, then switch it back to my 3rd monitor at app launch.

I have a 2018 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Mac mini with 64 GB RAM running AE 17.5.0 on OS Catalina 10.17.7. I have a Sonnet eGPU Breakout Box 550 housing a Radeon RX 580 graphics card.  I have two 4K monitors connected via the two display ports on the Sonnet (which connects to the MM via TB3 cable) and a third 4K monitor connected to the Mac mini via the HDMI port.

I made the upgrade to OS 17.5.0 to upgrade to FCPX 10.4.10. Seemed like the right time to also upgrade to AE 17.5.0. But I should know better by now to NOT expect problems with a .0 version!

Wondering who else out there is running a similar OS/app combo and if they've run ito any issues and/or discovered any work arounds? Cheers!

TOPICS
Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sluggish Performance w/ AE 17.5.0 and OS 10.15.7

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone else noticing decreased performance issues with AE 17.5.0 and OS 10.15.7?

I'm having RAM Prieivew issues w/ projects that worked fine on previous OS/App combo. Sometimes not able to RAM Preview in RT a range < 10 seconds at Quarter Resolution!

Also my Video Preview has become quite finicky. I have to force VP to my main monitor, then switch it back to my 3rd monitor at app launch.

I have a 2018 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Mac mini with 64 GB RAM running AE 17.5.0 on OS Catalina 10.17.7. I have a Sonnet eGPU Breakout Box 550 housing a Radeon RX 580 graphics card.  I have two 4K monitors connected via the two display ports on the Sonnet (which connects to the MM via TB3 cable) and a third 4K monitor connected to the Mac mini via the HDMI port.

I made the upgrade to OS 17.5.0 to upgrade to FCPX 10.4.10. Seemed like the right time to also upgrade to AE 17.5.0. But I should know better by now to NOT expect problems with a .0 version!

Wondering who else out there is running a similar OS/app combo and if they've run ito any issues and/or discovered any work arounds? Cheers!

TOPICS
Performance, Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 10, 2020 0

Have something to add?