• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smooth Animation Using .inPoint and .outPoint?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone!

I'm making an Audio Visualizer but I want to make it automatic since I will be using many different songs.

Basically, I want to make a circular stroke that keeps track of the progress of the song. In other words, the circle should not be present at the beginning of the song, it should build up as the song goes and complete the circumference when the song finishes.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

As you can see from the picture (for better quality https://imgur.com/a/LtPiGng), I used a simple "Linear" expression where I used the inPoint of the song layer (which is actually a precomp) as starting time and the outPoint as the end time. What I have is

start = thisComp.layer("Song").inPoint
end   = thisComp.layer("Song").outPoint

linear(time, start, end, 100, 0)

And everything works fine.

However, the problem is that the bar does not proceed smoothly. As the video shows, the bar goes step by step.

Can anyone suggest a way of fixing that?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

I think it's just an accuracy limitation with the stroke effect.
Use a shape layer - stroke only, with a trim paths modifier. Apply your expression to the trim path start or end value. That seems to work fine from a brief test.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think it's just an accuracy limitation with the stroke effect.
Use a shape layer - stroke only, with a trim paths modifier. Apply your expression to the trim path start or end value. That seems to work fine from a brief test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines