• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snapping with 'region of interest'

Contributor ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to pre-compose a shape, and to have the dimensions of the comp match those of the shape layer:

Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 12.14.42.png

This seems surprisingly difficult... first I was looking for a way to simply 'trim' the comp size like I can in Photoshop, but this doesn't appear to be possible.

Then I found out about the 'region of interest' tool, but there doesn't seem to be a way to snap it to my shape layer. I can't even snap it to any guides that I put in place.

Is there a way to use this tool more accurately or do I just have to zoom in to 1600% and do everything manually?

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Nope. It works as it always has. It's just a crux. If you need more control, you might want to find one of them "crop to layer" utility scripts on AEnhancers.com.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. It works as it always has. It's just a crux. If you need more control, you might want to find one of them "crop to layer" utility scripts on AEnhancers.com.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks will check it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines