• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Solid color fill change with layer underneath over time

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I am very new to expressions in AE.

Would anyone be able to help me figure out how to change a solid color filled shape that sits above a video clip that is meant to mask a portion of the clip below it with a color just below it? Basically, I want to hide a red colored status bar on a video clip someone took of their phone with the color of the navigation bar below it using a solid color shape. The problem is that the navigation bar which is blue, shifts to different shades over time. Hoping there is a way to use an expression to sample the shifting blue colors below the red status bar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-08-07 at 9.15.09 AM.png

x-posted in creativecow.net forums

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a nice solid color there. All you have to do is create a matte from the red channel to poke a hole in the layer, then put a matching color solid behind the layer. Keylight with a couple of small adjustments should work just fine. With your screenshot, I got this in about a minute.

Screenshot_2020-08-07 09.56.16_QB0B7O.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines