Highlighted

Some projects refuse to open since Adobe 17.5.0 Update (After Effects Error: Unexpected Data Type)

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of simple but annoying to recreate projects that I was making MOGRTs in that are now refusing to open since updating AE 😕

Everything loads up -- I get a couple of files offline errors (no problems there) and then an alert box pops up "Unexpected Data Type" and the project closes.

Any ideas for a fix ?

Latest version of AE, latest version of Win 10, 128GB/RAM (24G reserved for other applications)

Ryzen 9 3950X

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Some projects refuse to open since Adobe 17.5.0 Update (After Effects Error: Unexpected Data Type)

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a couple of simple but annoying to recreate projects that I was making MOGRTs in that are now refusing to open since updating AE 😕

Everything loads up -- I get a couple of files offline errors (no problems there) and then an alert box pops up "Unexpected Data Type" and the project closes.

Any ideas for a fix ?

Latest version of AE, latest version of Win 10, 128GB/RAM (24G reserved for other applications)

Ryzen 9 3950X

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 29, 2020 0
knox85 LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it.  Had to add PlayerDebugMode in Registry Editor in a couple of weirdly named places.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0