Highlighted

Sorry, your account is not valid on this device. Please try again with school ID

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use a school ID (Gmail account) to use After Effects on my personal computer. But since the school isn't paying anymore, I can't use it through my school ID. So I decided to purchase After Effects with my personal account and computer. When I opened the application it told me this, "Sorry, your account is not valid on this device. Please try again with school ID." I have purchased it and still can't use it. I did some research and some sources told me that the reason why I can't use it is because of a shared license. I tried deactivating it but didn't know what to do after downloading the Adobe Licensing Toolkit. Is there any way I can solve this issue?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Sorry, your account is not valid on this device. Please try again with school ID

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to use a school ID (Gmail account) to use After Effects on my personal computer. But since the school isn't paying anymore, I can't use it through my school ID. So I decided to purchase After Effects with my personal account and computer. When I opened the application it told me this, "Sorry, your account is not valid on this device. Please try again with school ID." I have purchased it and still can't use it. I did some research and some sources told me that the reason why I can't use it is because of a shared license. I tried deactivating it but didn't know what to do after downloading the Adobe Licensing Toolkit. Is there any way I can solve this issue?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 10, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also tried to download Creative Cloud desktop app and signed in?

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0