Sourse text expression doesn't keep font style of the original text.

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm trying to, through an expression, bring a source text from other composition, but it doesn't keep the font style that i'm using in that original text. I suppose that the issue is that in this original text I'm combining 2 different types of font style: Regular and Bold. But, when I get it into the other composition using the expression "comp("X").layer("Y").text.sourceText", it appears all in Regular. May anybody help me, please!! Thanks!!

ORIGINAL.pngPROBLEM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, Expressions, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to fix because nothing is broken. Changing the source text with an expression will always use the first formatting style used in the layer. You need to split up your layers or use the njew text style expressions.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mylenium! Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer me.

Unfortunatly, split the layers up is not an option because I can't modify the designing of the project.

I'll try using the "new text style expressions, but... What do you mean exactly with that?The Dropdown Menu Expression Controls?

Regards!

Santiago

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/de/after-effects/using/expressions-text-properties.html

Also at the very least consider using text animators to hide unwanted parts on duplicate layers. Realyl no point in trying to do everything on just a single layer.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Santiago5C68 AUTHOR LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Thanks so much for your help and your ideas. 

Regards!

Santiago 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines